Tuesday, January 24, 2006

'Worst' Day of the Year...

Dr. Cliff Arnall, a British psychologist, has developed a formula to determine the worst day of the year. One factor is the time elapsed since Christmas, when the holiday glow has given way to the reality of credit-card bills. Gloomy winter weather, short days, and the failure to keep New Year's resolutions are also a part of Dr. Arnall's calculations. Last year, January 24 received the dubious distinction of being "the most depressing day of the year.

picked that out of Our Daily Bread. hehe how very interesting... but anyways...
the dreaded and oh-so-hard-to-endure exams came and went... it was a gruelling 5 days, with blow after blow of 5 subjects in papers of 10 essays to write... gosh, it really drained a lot out of me, and at the end of it all, it's only worse cause i didnt feel a huge wave of relief wash over me, cause i dont think i did as well as i would have liked to considering how out of breath i am and how it drained and realyl tested my stamina... but the relief came in little tides that soothed my wounds... :-) and i feel so grateful that God got me through this. for now, for me, im not putting so much emphasis on my results (though i do so pray that i'd pass!!) but i feel i deserve the break that i'm on now, even if only by default of pulling through scathed but surviving! :-) didnt turn to the toxic effects of coffee, or alcohol, but i do so understand how med students can be on the verge of drugs, suicide and all...
oh well, praise the Lord! :-) i made it through... but im sooooo reeling from the effects of sleep deprivation and such...
well, here's to the 'worst' day of the year and a toast to the one exam that really made me, and is still making me, doubt myself...

No comments: