now, confirm, i wanna go home in february!
Best place to eat in KL
1. CHOW KOAY TIEW - Jalan Imbi : the corner
restaurant which is on the
same row with Sakura, and opposite of Honda
2. WANTAN MEE/KARI MEE - End of old Subang
airport road, in the Subang
Village Town Centre.
3. TAPIOCA NOODLES& VEGETABLES - Old
Klang Road : a shack which is
behind a chinese primary school, after the market
and the post office
(which would be on your left).
4. KARI MEE (LEMAK) - SS1, PJ : Alisan
Restaurant (2nd shop from
facing the Lorenzo Furniture Shop.
5. ROAST DUCK RICE - Seapark : Sunrise Coffee
6. PRAWN MEE/KARIMEE/CHEE CHEONG
FUN - Seapark: Coffee Shop near old
Paramount Thea! tre.
7. CHICKEN RICE - Seapark: Coffee Shop
opposite Seapark Market, run by
ladies whose husbands have since died.
8. FISH HEAD BEE HOON - Jln Gasing, PJ.
Seng Kee Restaurant, in row of
shops behind Lotus Restaurant.
9. MISCELLANEOUS - SS24 Tmn Megah: take
the LDP and exit left after
Kelana Jaya LRT Station (towards"SS24").A
hawker centre with over 70
hawker stalls (!!) allserving different dishes, no
boast the best of each kind in town (!!) not too
difficult to locate.
10. YONG TAU FU - Ampang New Town/Ampang
Village (there are 3 shops,
have your pick)
11. PAN MEE - Along Jalan Tuanku Abdul
Rahman behind KahMotors.
12. HOKKIEN MEE - Petaling Street opposite
Hong Leong Bank
13. CHAR SIEW RICE - Jalan Tung Shin
14. NASI KANDAR - Kayu Nasi Kandar
Restaurant in Taipan, Subang with a
branch in SS2 a coffee shop formerly known as
15. Teh Tarak & roti - Taman Desa next to the
16. If money is not an issue - Madam Kwan (Nasi
Lemak & curry fish
17. Little Penang (chow Koay Tiew & Prawnmee)
18. Bak kut teh - Jalan Imbi behind hong leong
19. Satay - Naan Corner in Ampang, in between
International School and
RSPCA, called Nur Satay.
20. Banana Leaf - Kannas in SS2, behind Lisa De
21. Nasi Lemak - Suzi corner, next to Ampang
city (used to be called
22. Won Ton Mien/Char Siew - Jln Sungai Besi;
on the way to PLUS. Only
open at 7pm-2am, a car repair shop by day.
23. Beef Brisket noodles - Tengkat Tong Shin;
runs parallel to Jalan
Alor.Stall near the beginning of the road. Open at
night till late.
24. Char Siew/Chicken rice - Tengkat Tong Shin;
further up the road.
prewar shop house. This has to be the drop dead
unhealthiest piece of
anything you can insert in your mouth in KL? but
to die for. Chicken
strictly as filler to make sure you don't get a heart
25. Fish balls - Tengkat Tong Shin; a little further
up the road from
siew. Stall inside a coffee shop. This guy is good,
look at the amount
people he employs to helpout!
26. Hokkien mee (KL style -thick, black, yummy
Street; at the intersection opposite Hong Leong
Bank. Full of porcine
goodness. Still the gold standard of Hokkien mee.
27. Seafood noodles - Segambut; near Auto
Bavaria. A big bowl full of
noodles and assorted mussels, prawns, cuttlefish,
fish etc. for
price. Pick of soup, clear, tom yam, curry. Forget
the rest, or for
curry. Soya bean with cincau not bad. Avoid on
wait for an hour. Fried Chicken Rice (only on
Weds and Sat)!! There
branch now open in SS2 Chow Yang, called
Restoran Yu Ai with yellow
board, just a few doors away from Kayu Nasi
28. Ploughman's Lunch ? Finnegan's Seri
Hartamas. A big plate filled
a pot of pate, slices of ham, pickle, onion, chunks
of cheese, a slab
butter, 4 hunks of bread. If you are EXTREMELY
hungry, this one's for
29. Chef's salad - Flagz; behind Souled Out. This
salad is as all
should be - crunchy FRESH veggies, and the
dressing is to die for.
the best salad in town. And I don't even like salad.
Beer is the
in town too, great bite.
30. Hokkien Mee (Penang style otherwise known
as Prawn noodles)
Jalan Telawi 3, Bangsar Baru. Standard gone
down somewhat recently,
still head and shoulders above all others in KL.
You'll have to go to Penang to beat this.
31. Char Kway Teow Bukit Damansara; behind
Hock Lee supermarket, next
Shell. Corner stall inside coffee shop. Best in KL.
The fellow has
frying for longer than I can recall, and he is so
good that you may
to wait up to 45 minutes during lunchtime. Doesn't
use too much oil
perfect. As above, you'll have to go to Penang to
beat this. Other
in the same shop not bad.
32. Chicken rice Jalan Gasing; very close to the
Federal Highway, same
as Southern Bank 2 shops one in the middle, one
in the corner. Can't
decide which is superior, but both are very good.
Middle one has Ipoh
33. Bak Kut Teh Klang, just about anywhere.
Hokkien Association off
main highway leading to the heart of Klang is a
good place to start
34. Dim Sum ? Marriott Hotel. Chinese restaurant
here serves northern
China style dim sum. Easily best dim sum in
town. A little pricey.
35. Fish head off Jalan Sungai Besi; just past
Won Ton Mien, turn left
right after BP. Three shops clumped together. All
look dilapidated but
don't worry. Don't know what type of fish they get
their heads from,
suspect fresh water fish. Hot sauce fish head to
die for. Extremely
36. Bak Kut Teh Segambut; go past Auto Bavaria,
follow road all the
until you see a Chinese temple on your left. Enter
you will see a tin shack where they serve bak kut
teh. Not quite up
with Klang, but nothing to sneeze at. Go for yam
rice rather than
rice. Fried Chicken Rice (only on Weds and Sat)!!
37. Nasi Kandar/Kerabu/Laut Taman Tun; the
other end of Secret Recipe
store on the same block, usually with a van
outside. Truly Kelantanese
style. Only in the morning though.
38. Seafood ? Pulau Carey; get to Jalan Banting
and follow signs to
Carey. Place called Kang Guan, just before the
actual bridge onto the
39. Nasi Lemak TangLin at Lake Gardens, near
the Clinic/Hospital. Only
open when government depts open.
40. Chicken rice - Bing Restaurant in Sri Rampai.
Wait till you drop
eat the chicken rice. Worth it
your system. Thank you